Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Ruffly...something!!

So I headed to the dollar store today - I keep hearing they've got tons of crafting supplies.  I didn't do so well.  No styrofoam wreath or tree forms.  What I DID find were styrofoam balls - about the size of a large tree ornament.  I stood looking at them while my brain went in to overdrive.  Could the ruffle technique be used on a ball?  I decided, why not?  So I picked up a couple and came home to try it out.  Before I invest in felt, I decided to go through my fabric stash.  I came up with several possibilities, and am going to give it a whirl.

My plans for tonight, you ask?  Cutting circles!!  If it works, I'll post some pics later.  If you don't see any pics, well then, it didn't work.  Sometimes my brain is more creative than my hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment